| Submit Press Release
| Submit Website
(CityRegions.Com, May 25, 2017 ) Las Vegas, NV -- Americans trust Ford for the quality, value and reliability of its products more than any other car and SUV maker in America, according to a recent Reader’s Digest survey.
The magazine recently asked 4,500 Americans to vote for the brands they trust most across 40 categories, which also included bottled water, cereal, coffee, fast food, juice, laundry detergent, paper towels, soap, soup and toothpaste.
The first American version of the "Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand" survey provides further validation of the comments Ford Country, Las Vegas, General Manager Brad Cambridge regularly hears from customers shopping for Ford vehicles at his dealership.
“Ford has become synonymous with performance and durability, and our customers know it,” Cambridge said. “But it’s great to receive this type of validation from a respected publication and another trusted brand: Reader’s Digest.”
Readers place stock in products they trust
Reader's Digest launched the Trusted Brands survey in Asia in 2000. Since then, it has grown into a global effort, encompassing 25 countries. The survey has finally found its way to the United States, with Reader's Digest saying it wants American shoppers to share their preferences for the brands they trust most.
Reader’s Digest defined trust as embodying the qualities of quality, value and reliability. In particular, the survey found:
● Trust plays a major role in most consumers’ decision making. Nearly 80 percent of the study’s participants said they would choose a brand that has been identified as "trusted" over another brand when the quality and prices of all products are similar.
● About 75 percent of adults surveyed agreed it is important to trust the companies they do business with.
● About 80 percent said they trust companies that stand by their products.
● More than 40 percent of the respondents said the “Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand” seal would likely have an effect on their trust or decision to purchase a product in the future.
“Trust has always been an integral component of the fabric that makes up Reader's Digest," Editor-in-Chief Liz Vaccariello said. "This survey allows us to help shed light on why Americans gravitate toward certain brands."
How Ford earned customers' trust
The Reader’s Digest survey did not probe why adults deemed the 40 brands to be trustworthy – only that they trusted them far more than competing brands. But Cambridge has been selling Ford products long enough to know Ford has earned customers' trust. He attributes Ford's selection in the Reader’s Digest survey to five distinctions:
1. Ford's storied history. Founded in 1903 by Henry Ford, Ford Motor Co. was the first company in the world to use a moving assembly line to build cars. The invention reduced the chassis assembly time from 12 ½ hours to 2 hours and 40 minutes – and eventually, to 1 hour and 33 minutes.
2. Ford's longevity in building some of the world's most durable and iconic vehicles. The top four-selling Ford vehicles of all time are the F-150, the Model T, the Mustang and the Taurus.
3. Ford's front-runner status in the development of electric and hybrid cars. The Ford Fusion, Ford Focus Electric, C-Max Energi and C-Max Hybrid remain at the forefront of this technology. And Ford recently announced plans to produce hybrid versions of the F-150 and Mustang by 2020.
4. Ford's reputation as an industry leader in the use of sustainable materials. Since the year 2000, Ford has devoted a special division to integrating the use of such materials as castor oil, soy foam, wheat straw and, most recently, agave plants to make lighter, more efficient car parts.
5. Ford's commitment to scientific innovation. Ford is developing a drone launch system from the rear of F-150s to assist the United Nations in rescue efforts in disaster-stricken areas around the world.
“Ford Country customers talk to us about these accomplishments and want to hear more about them, so I know they're interested in what Ford is doing and respect Ford's leadership,” Cambridge said. “Respect is fundamental to building trust, which is why I think Ford is one of the country's most trusted brands.”
Ford enjoys impressive company
Reading through that list of top brands is like reading a “who's who” of the most recognizable product names in America. In this way, Ford is rubbing shoulders with some very elite companies, Cambridge said. Other favorites among Reader's Digest respondents included:
Bottled water: Dasani
Fast food: McDonald's
Laundry detergent: Tide
Paper towels: Bounty
“It's hard to look at that list and not conclude Ford is one of the most beloved brands in America,” Cambridge said. “Like Ford, these companies have built their reputation on the things Americans respect most: quality, value and reliability.”
About Ford Country Las Vegas
Ford Country Las Vegas, part of the Gaudin Motor Company family, was established in 1996 and continues to lead in the industry as a top 100 Ford dealership in the country. Located in the Henderson Valley Automall, Ford Country is made up of highly trained professionals who share a steadfast commitment to its customers and their needs. Ford Country is designed to serve as both a credited dealership, anchored by a state-of-the-art open showroom, and a full service automotive department that features Quick Lane maintenance for customer convenience. The facilities also invites guests to dine at Ford Country's popular Mustang Sally's Diner, adjacent to the showroom and features 60s style décor and delicious diner-style cuisine. Ford Country is home to Motorsport Enthusiast, a custom shop that offers automotive accessories and apparel. For more information, visit www.FordCountryLV.com.
Corporate Director of Marketing
Posted 4/28/17 - http://www.fordcountrylv.com/blog/2017/4/28/readers-digest-crowns-ford-the-most-trusted-car-and-suv-brand-in-america/